An Introduction to the Rib-Eye
The rib-eye, also known as cube roll and scotch fillet - is one of the most popular and sought after cuts of beef. Described by many as the ideal cut for tenderness and texture - it's marbled fat melting into the beef, providing a juicy, moist and tender steak. Here at The Sg Deli and Grocer we sell the best prime, grass fed rib-eye beef. But buying a fresh, high-quality cut will only get your steak so far. So you can make the most of this mouth-watering beef, we have written a couple quick tips on cooking the perfect rib-eye steak! 🤤
Quick Tips - Cooking Rib-Eye
- Allow the steak to come to room temperature (this will take roughly an hour)
- Season the steak with salt and let it rest in the fridge overnight (uncovered). This will help the steak to develop a lovely brown crust. If you cannot do this, pat the steak dry with paper-towels before cooking.
- Don't be shy with the seasoning - this will help with developing a seared crust and more flavour
- Make sure the pan is very hot before placing on the steak
- If your steak has a thick piece of fat on one end, hold it vertically against the pan until the fat is tender
- Let the steak rest for at LEAST 5 minutes - preferably 10. This allows the juices to absorb into meat. Cutting a steak to early will let the juices (and hence flavour) run out
Buy prime, grass fed rib-eye beef now!