Eye fillet is an incredibly tender and succulent cut of beef, keeping this in mind - one must make sure to serve it justice. This recipe is so simple that a baby could do it, yet so tasty that it will leave your friends and family in awe of your cooking.
Remove steaks from fridge and hour before cooking to allow them to reach room temperature. You may add herbs and spices before cooking but do not add salt until cooked.
Ingredients for 2
- 2x 250gm eye fillet steak
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250g of butter
- 1 1/2 tsp of finely chopped rosemary
- Preheat pan on medium-high with olive oil
- Crush garlic clove and beat with butter and rosemary until combined
- Wrap in baking paper and refrigerate
- Cook fillets 3-4 minutes per side for a medium cook
- Cover steaks and rest for 5 minutes before eating
- Serve with potatoes and vegetables