- 1kg of King Prawns
- 8 Finely chopped cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley
Buy all Fresh Ingredients (Australian Sourced)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g unsalted butter cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine - as an alternative use chicken or vegetable broth!
Buy all Fresh Ingredients with Chicken Broth (Australian Sourced)
- Marinate prawns in 2tbsp of olive oil, garlic and pepper for just 20 minutes, if you have time (otherwise skip it). PRO TIP: Add salt just before cooking so it doesn’t draw juice out of the prawns = less juicy prawns and not as golden!
- Sear in batches – don’t crowd the pan! Less prawns = better colour = easier to handle = won’t overcook. (PRO TIP: We use butter AND oil for searing. Butter = better flavour, but if you only use butter, it burns at the high heat required to make prawns golden)
- Wine – it will sizzle and steam when the wine hits the hot pan which is GOOD! This means it reduced down very quickly (~30 seconds) which is exactly what we want (fast cook = juicy prawns)
- More butter (optional) – this is optional, it will create extra sauce for wow factor when you plate it up (pictured!) and provides plenty of sauce for mopping up with bread. PRO TIP: This is added at the end because if you add it at the start, you end up deep frying prawns in butter!
- Lemon – an essential finishing touch;
- Parsley – a little sprinkle for garnish!
Buy all Fresh Ingredients (All Australian Sourced)
Inspired from - https://www.recipetineats.com/garlic-prawns-shrimp/